Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Gotcha Day

I really don't think anything could have gone better. We arrived at Civil Affairs before Siena did. When they walked in, I knew it was her. She looked up at us from another room across the hall, and smiled. I waved and she waved back. A few minutes later they walked over. She seemed a little nervous, but was still smiling. Ms. Zuang told her who we were and gently nudged her over to us. We gave her some presents, which she opened with Ms. Zuuang's help. She seemed to really like the purse and play make-up. Ms. Zuang kept talking to her the whole time, and she kept smiling. When she came over to us, she started pulling something out of her backpack. It was the little photo album I had sent her of us and our home. She pointed to the pictures and us smiling. When Ms. Zuang told her she needed to leave with us, I could tell she was a little nervous, but she took our hands and came along. We came back to the hotel and she pulled out her other treasures which included the 2 Barbie dolls, and stuffed little dog, all well used I might say, that we also had sent. I was happy she had gotten the package and got to keep a few things. She also had a picture of herself with 3 children, I believe she lived with in her foster home. I don't know their names. I may try to scan it when I get home and post it. She and Maria played well together, coloring and with Barbies. Siena talked a lot all night long. We would just smile and reply in English, guessing at what she was saying. Our guide came back and took us to dinner at Papa John's---a favorite at home. She ate pizza and played with Maria, who by now was having little jealous fits every now and then. We came home and all got ready for bed. She and Maria slept together. Ms. Zuang had said that Siena wakes up every night at 11:00pm. She didn't last night, and slept all through the night. Maria woke up 3Xs! I think Siena was exhausted, and Maria a little distraught at having to share our attention. All in all, it was a great day.

I'll post about Day 2 shortly.

Erminia

2 comments:

4ever4some said...

What an awesome Gotcha Day! Siena has the best smile. You're in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless!!

Stu, Felicia, Jake & Ava

Kathy said...

Love to see those smiles! They look like sisters already! Congratulations!

Kathy Parker Grace and Jenna