Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mon-10/15-The Safari Zoo

This zoo was amazing. I haven't been to the San Diego Zoo in over 20 years, but I think this place would give it a run for it's Money. There are 2 sections, a part of the zoo you walk through, like most of those in the US, and another drive through section. We went throuth the drive through section first. Many of the animals are freely roaming and will come right up to the car. There was an ostrich I thought was going to extend its neck into our small bus. Deer, antelope, zebras, giraffes, camels and a host of others that I can't remember the name of, were roaming around. I don't mean just 1 or 2, but herds of them. It was interesting to observe them, and see them up so close. When we got to predatory animals, there was a deep pit and wire that prevented the animals from getting out. The view was still closer than normal,and again, there were large groups of each animal: lions, tigers, cheetahs, black bears, brown bears, white leapords, and countless others. Rhinos were also set further apart, as were Wallaby's and Kangaroos.



Now you would have to guess that I took so many pictures on the drive thru, that by the time we got to the really good stuff, my camera battery went dead! So I don't have picures of some of the real cuties and rare animals---just video. They had a least 8 Koalas sitting in their gum trees, that were so incredibly cute! I would have loved to hold one. They also had 3-4 Pandas that also were cute...but I have no pictures. Cute chimps and other monkeys were also around.



We spent a good 3 hours at this zoo. All of us enjoyed it and I recommend it to other families. We had gone to the City zoo on Friday after the orphanage. It was nice, but no comparison to this one. We stopped at McDonalds on the way back. Burgers have a spice in them we don't have in the US, but we were so hungry, we ate them anyway.

No comments: