Friday, October 12, 2007

Weds-Baiyun Mountain

OK so I'm a little behind in my posts. I'll try to catch up on and off today.

On Weds. we hiked up Baiyun Mountain. The girls were real little troopers, but did get tired. We had to carry Maria on and off, and Siena a little on the way down. We had good view of the city from the point we reached...not the highest, but high enough since we didn't bring strollers. Guangzhou seems to have that same pollution haze we have in Louisville. It was pretty hot outside too. They had a stone foot massage path along the side of the trail that you could walk on barefoot up/down the mountain. I tried it and it hurt. No one seemed to enjoy it much. We were ready for lunch after our hike and went to a real local Chinese restaurant our guide knew about. Chopsticks only. It takes so much effort for me, that I'm losing weight from eating less!

More later about Thurs.

Erminia

No comments: